About Regional laboratory, M.P. Pollution Control Board, Indore
By numerous environmental legislation, the Board has significant power and accountability for preventing pollution. M.P. M.P. The Pollution Control Board now ensures that the following laws/rules are implemented:
· Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974
· Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1981
· Environment Protection Act, 1986 (certain sections)
· Public Liability Insurance Act, 1991
· Madhya Pradesh Jaiv Anaashya Apashista (Niyantran) Act & Rule
M.P.'s primary purpose for various purposes, the Pollution Control Board shall ensure a healthy and usable condition of the water, air, and soil. There are six zonal agencies (Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Gwalior, Ujjain, Rewa), 17 regional offices, 2 sub-regionals, which consistently monitors economic operations in the state, fitted with skilled staff and advanced tools.